Why Is My Pinterest App Not Working

Pinterest has always been one of my favorite social networking apps. Whenever I wish to discover or search cool things, it’s right up there on my agenda. The other day the app suddenly stopped working properly on my iPhone. It would rash out or get completely frozen randomly.
The other downside I noticed was that Pinterest had started to eat into a lot of battery on my iOS device. For a moment, I thought what’s going on with the app. However, it didn’t take much time for me to find out the real cause of the issue. Here are the tricks that worked for me in troubleshooting the problematic app on my iPhone!

How to Fix “Pinterest Not Working Issue” on iPhone and iPad

Solution #1: Clear Cache and Browsing History in Pinterest on iPhone and iPad

Step #1. Launch Pinterest on your iOS device.
Step #2. Next, you need to tap on the profile tab at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Tap on Profile Icon in Pinterest on iPhone
Step #3. Now, tap on the tiny settings icon at the upper right of the screen.
Tap on Settings in Pinterest on iPhone
Step #4. Next up, you will have to tap on Edit settings.
Tap on Edit Settings Pinterest on iPhone
Step #5. Now, scroll down and tap on Clear browsing history. Then, tap on Clear cache to clean it up.
Clear Browser History in Pinterest on iPhone
Step #6. Up next, reboot your iOS device and open the app again. It should start working properly.

Solution #2: Delete the App and Reinstall It Again

If Pinterest app is still embroiled with the issue and freezes or crashes out time and again, I would recommend you to delete the app and reinstall it. As deleting the app will delete all of its data, make sure to back it up before going for the kill.

Solution #3: Turn off Background App Refresh/Disable Location Services

Even if you close any app, it continues to refresh in the background to ensure it remains live and kicking all the time. Turning off background app can help you fix this problem.
Open Settings app on your device → General → Background App Refresh and turn off the switch.
Tap on Settings then General in iOS 10.3 on iPhoneTap on Background App Refresh on iPhoneDisable Background App Refresh on iPhoneDisabling this feature can also help in extending the battery life of your device and reducing the data consumption.
Try turning off Location Services as well. It’s yet another power hungry feature that puts a lot of pressure on battery. The constant location tracking is certainly not good for the health of your device. Hence, putting it off might do the trick in getting rid of the problem.
Why Is My Pinterest App Not Working Why Is My Pinterest App Not Working Reviewed by Daniel Chuks on 04:47 Rating: 5

No comments