How to Change name of my facebook page



Want to change your Facebook Page name?
The good news is you can – probably.
This is better than a few years ago, when the answer was never, no way, not for any reason.
Now it’s quite easy to change your Fan Page name. But – Facebook will have to approve your name change.
You can only change once.
A reader has offered a hack even if you’ve already changed your name once. See end of post – caution is advised.
NOTE: When I speak of Page name, I mean the Title of your Page, as overlaid on your Cover Photo. This will NOT change your Facebook Page URL (web address). Check here for how to change your Facebook Page URL and important cautions about doing so.
Changing your Page name is a BIG deal – it must be done right – you can never change it again (through normal channels, anyway). Please read this entire page carefully!

How to Change Your Facebook Page Name 

Logged in as an Admin of the Page you wish to change, click Aboutunder your cover photo. You should be on the Page Info tab. Click it in the left sidebar if necessary.
How to Change Your Facebook Page Name Step 1: Go to Page Info tab.
Hover the Name section and click the blue Edit pencil that pops up to the right.
Fill in the name you’re SURE you want (WARNING! Cannot be undone or changed more than ONE time!).
Then scroll to the bottom and click Continue.
How to Change Your Facebook Page Name Step 2: Fill in your new name and subit request
Check your spelling again. Once you click Request Change, your request will go to Facebook for approval.

If You Don’t See the Option to Edit Your Page’s Name

  • You don’t have a Page role that allows you to change your Page’s name. Learn how to see your Page role.
  • You or another admin recently changed your Page’s name.
  • This option isn’t currently available in your location. source
See below for another possibility.

No Edit Pencil? Here’s What Worked for Me

I changed my Page Name in 2013, so I don’t know if this option is still available. But I’m leaving it here so you can try it. Let me know!
If you’ve never changed your Page name, but still don’t see the Edit pencil, try changing your Page category to Brands & Products or Companies & Organizations, and click Save Changes. The Request Change link should magically appear!
Now click Request Change and fill out the form (sample below).
How to Change Your Facebook Page Name: Form
Note that you have a choice of reasons for the Page Name change request.
If you select that your business name has changed, you will almost certainly be required to provide documentation. Logos, business cards, and websites are not acceptable.
You can choose “Other” and explain in the text area.
My first choice was to change my Page name to match my website: How-To Social Media Graphics, and explain in “Other” that my business had evolved. I decided that had a high risk of being rejected.
I chose to request a very similar name to my then-current Louise Myers Graphic Design: Louise Myers How-To Graphics. I then selected “My Page name is misspelled” as the best option. (Don’t even ask how long I deliberated over this!)
Note: Hyphens (as shown in the screen shot) are no longer allowed in Facebook Names – either Page or personal profile.
Before submitting your Page name change request be 100% certain of 2 things:
  • This is the Page name you want for the life of your Page. At this time, just ONE change is allowable.
  • Your Fan page is 100% compliant with Facebook Terms of Service. Your Page could be shut down once it’s scrutinized by Facebook. Click with caution!
Upload any pertinent documentation, and click Send.

Wait to Hear from FB on Your Page Name Change Request

You should get an auto-reply quickly. I can’t say how long it will take for Facebook to review your request and respond – the auto-reply says up to 3 days. For me it only took one day plus a half hour.  And it was approved!

How to Change Your Facebook Page URL a SECOND Time

Here is a hack offered by a reader.
CAUTION: I don’t know what “Global Pages” are, and if this is something you should do. Proceed with caution. The creator of the SlideShare offers to answer questions – you can contact him via the info on slide 11.
How to Change name of my facebook page How to Change name of my facebook page Reviewed by Daniel Chuks on 04:26 Rating: 5

No comments